Protection and the security of personal data are importance to us and have a high priority in the design and operation of our web-site. We adhere to the legal guidelines, especially the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the Telecommunication Telemedia Data Protection Act(TTDSG). The details of this are given below. To maintain this claim and to take into account developments in the data protection laws, we may make adjustments which you can find current information on here while visiting our website.
(1) Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Processing data is any use of that data (e.g., collection, use, storage).
(2) The responsible party for the processing of personal data in relation to this web site is:
J. Engelsmann AG
Frankenthaler Str. 137 – 141
President with power of representation: Christian Kretzu, Christian Wernicke
Telephone: +49(0)621 59002-0
Fax: +49(0)621 59002-76
(3) When you visit the site, your browser transfers your IP address, the sites from which you accessed this web site, the date, time and duration of the access to this web site and your navigation around this web site, and your browser type and operating system are recorded. This information is recorded and evaluated for statistical purposes and to improve the functionality and stability of our web site on the basis of Art. 6 Sect. 1 S. 1f GDPR . You remain anonymous as an individual user. There is no connection to other data. You can object to this use. To do so, please tell us the IP address concerned and the precise time of your access to our web pages. We will then delete the corresponding entries from our protocol data. Otherwise the data is automatically deleted after evaluation.
(4) We use “cookies“, which are small text files stored on your computer via your Internet browser. These contain information that makes it easier for you to navigate our site and that are necessary to give full functionality of the site and also information to optimize the configuration of the site. These text files are mostly deleted after the end of each browser session, and you can delete any remaining cookies yourself using your browser settings. Setting of any cookies can also be declined or they can be individually displayed and made dependent on your permission using the browser settings. Refusal of cookies can affect the functionality of web site. In addition, when you enter our site, you are informed by a cookie banner or a cookie consent tool and you can choose there.
Where personal data is not processed by technically set cookies, this is done on the basis of Art. 6 Sect. 1 parag. 1a GDPR, with your express consent, which you can withdraw at any time without this affecting the legality of the data processed with your consent up until the revocation. You can declare withdrawal of consent via the “Cookies settings” link at the bottom of each page.
Technical cookies necessary and required for the functionality and use of this web site do not require consent. This also includes the Borlabs cookie of the provider Borlabs GmbH, Rübenkamp 32, 22305 Hamburg, which we set in the context of a cookie consent tool to store your prescribed cookie consent under legally necessary regulations. The Borlabs cookie does not transfer any data to third parties, nor to the provider. Storage is via generation of a random ID which is cannot be directly associated with you.
(5) Where videos are included in this web site, they are hosted directly on the web server. A connection is made with your browser by the video player. There is no transfer of data, nor are third parties involved.
(6) We maintain direct links to the sites of LinkedIn (LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland) and YouTube (Google Ireland Limited (“Google”), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland). No data is transferred nor are any of the linked providers’ cookies set by these links. If you activate these links, you will be taken to these providers’ web sites and you will leave ours. The operators of the linked sites then become responsible for data protection. Information on their data protection can be found at
https://privacy.linkedin.com/de-de und https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de#intro.
You can withdraw consent via the menu item “Cookie Settings”. This can e found at the bottom of the page opened. You can get an overview here of all the cookies used. You can give your consent to whole categories or have further information displayed and so select only certain cookies. Alternatively, most modern browsers have a so-called “Do Not Track“ option, with which you instruct websites not to track your user activities. Matomo respects this option. You can prevent storage of cookies by an appropriate setting of your browser software; however, please note that in this case you may not be able to use the full functionality of this web site.
(8) Where Google Fonts are used for written representations on this web site, access is on the server of the web hoster with whom a contract processing agreement has been made. There is no access to Google LLC servers.
(9) To receive our newsletter, you need to register. To do this, entry on the register must be expressly confirmed again (before entry into the distribution list) in a separate (advertisement-free) e-mail. There will be no entry into the distribution list without this confirmation. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of every newsletter e-mail .
To send newsletters we use the software CleverReach, which is a service by which the newsletter posting is organized. The provider is CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Building, Schafjückenweg 2, D-26180 Rastede, (represented by the management GmbH | HRB 210079 Oldenburg (Oldb.) Building, Schafjückenweg 2,26180 Rastede/Germany, Directors: Sebastian Strzelecki, Jens Klibingat & Sebastian Schwarz.). The data given by you for the purpose of receiving our newsletter (esp. The e-mail address) is stored on the provider’s servers in Germany or Ireland. We have an agreement with the provider of CleverReach for contract processing. More details can be found on the data protection statement of the provider of CleverReach at: https://www.cleverreach.com/de/datenschutz/. There is also the possibility with CleverReach to analyze the click and opening behavior of the recipient of the newsletter, to optimize the newsletter. The IP address is anonymized i.e., you remain anonymous as a user. Cookies are not set. Further information on data analysis by CleverReach newsletters can be found at: https://www.cleverreach.com/de/funktionen/reporting-und-tracking/. Data processing is undertaken on the basis of your consent under Art. 6 Sect. 1a GDPR for the purpose of sending the newsletter and optimization of the newsletter. You can withdraw this consent at any time by cancelling your subscription. The legality of data processing that has already taken place is not affected by this revocation. The data given by you with us for the purposes of receiving the newsletter are stored by us until you unsubscribe from the newsletter and deleted from our servers and those of the providers of CleverReach.
(10) Personal data is otherwise only collected if it is voluntarily given, especially for contact via the contact form, the inquiry form or via e-mail, the registration in the press mailing list or in the download portal. Which specific data these are depends on the input fields, or you decide them in the individual case. In an e-mail inquiry, the sender’s address is stored. Your data is processed for handling your inputs or to answer your question on the basis of Art. 6 sect. 1 S. 1b GDPR. The data is not passed to third parties.
(11) Your data is used by us exclusively in the territory of the Federal republic of Germany. There is no export of the data to states outside the European Economic Area. The data is protected against access by unauthorized third parties by suitable technical and organizational measures. Your personal data is transferred by TLS encryption.
(12) You data is fundamentally deleted as soon as it is no longer needed to achieve the purpose for which it was collected or if you require it, as long as there are no legal stipulations that prevent this, however, processing is then restricted.
(13) Unencrypted e-mail correspondence is unsafe and can be seen by third parties. Our e-mail correspondence is encrypted for transfer but the content is normally not encrypted.
(14) You are entitled to information, correction, restriction of processing, deletion of the personal data collected from you. If we process your data automatically in the context of your consent or to fulfill a contract, you have the right to receive your personal data that has been provided to us in a structured, accessible and machine readable format or require it to be transferred to another responsible person if this is technically feasible. It is also emphasized that you have the right of objection without restriction to direct advertising (and profiling1 connected with advertising).