The protection and security of personal information is important to us and is a top priority when it comes to the design and operation of our web presence. We adhere to all applicable legal regulations, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). You can find more detailed information below. In order to meet our own requirements and the further developments in data protection laws, we may make adjustments to the information in this data protection statement which you can find out about each time you visit our web pages.
(1) Personal data is all information that relates to a specific or identifiable natural person. The processing of data is any use (e.g. the collection, use, storage) of the data.
(2) The controller for the processing of personal data in connection with this web presence is:
J. Engelsmann AG
Frankenthaler Str. 137 - 141
Authorized Representatives of the Executive Committee: Christian Kretzu, Christian Wernicke
Telephone: +49 (0) 621 59002-0 Fax: +49 (0) 621 59002-76
(3) When you visit our website, your browser transmits your IP address, the website(s) which you are visiting our presence from, the date, time and duration of your access as well as your movements on this web presence. In addition, your browser type and your operating system are also logged. This information is logged and analyzed for statistical purposes and for the improvement of the functionality and stability of our website on the basis of Art. 6(1) point f GDPR. As an individual user, your identity will remain anonymous throughout. Your personal data will not be linked with other data. You have the right to object to this use.
To do this, please tell us the relevant IP address as well as the exact time period during which you accessed our site. We will then delete the corresponding entries from our log files.
Otherwise, the data will be automatically erased after it has been analyzed.
(4) We use “cookies”, text files which are stored on your computer through your web browser. We only use technical cookies which are necessary for the functioning and use of this website. For the most part, these text files are automatically erased after you end the browser session. You can delete any remaining cookies yourself through your browser settings.
Furthermore, you will be informed of this by a cookie banner when you enter the website. If personal data is processed through the cookies, this processing is done for the reasons set out above on the basis of Art. 6(1) point f GDPR.
(5) If videos are embedded in this web presence, they are hosted directly on the web server. The embedding is done through the video player of your browser. Data is not passed on to third parties, nor are third parties involved in the processing.
(6) We maintain direct links to the pages of LinkedIn (LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland) and YouTube (Google Ireland Limited (“Google”), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland). However, no data is transferred here and no cookies from the linked provider are set. If you click on the link, you will be redirected to the pages of the provider and will leave our website. Under data protection law, the operators of the linked pages are then responsible. You can find information about their data protection at
(7) We use the software AWStats (www.awstats.org). It is a web analysis program which is operated from servers in Germany that are rented by us. As such, no cookies are set and no data is passed on to third parties. Only a statistical analysis of the log files, which contain anonymized IP addresses, is carried out in accordance with (3). The data contained in these log files cannot be assigned to specific or identifiable persons. Therefore, no personal data is collected. These log files are not consolidated with other data sources. The files are erased after the statistical analysis.
We use the software AWStats to analyze the use of our website and to regularly improve our website. Thanks to the statistics obtained, we can improve our online offering and make it more interesting for you as a user.
(8) In order to receive our newsletter, you must register. Before you can register in the mailing list, you must first explicitly confirm your consent in a separate e-mail (free of advertising) again. Without this confirmation, you cannot be added to the mailing list.
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link that is contained in every newsletter email.
Provided that you have given your consent to this, the data that you have provided will be used to send you the newsletter on the basis of Art. 6(1) point a GDPR.
(9) Personal data is only collected if you share this with us voluntarily, in particular when you contact us via the contact form, the inquiry form or by email, or when registering in the press mailing list or in our download portal. Which data this is exactly depends on the input fields or depends on what you choose to enter in individual cases. With email inquiries, the sender’s email address will be stored.
Your data will be processed in order for us to process your entry or to answer your inquiry on the basis of Art. 6(1) point b GDPR. The data will not be passed on to third parties.
(10) Your data will only be processed by us within the Federal Republic of Germany. Your data will not be exported to any country outside of the European Economic Area. Your data is protected from unauthorized access from third parties with appropriate technical and organizational measures. Your data will be transferred with TLS encryption.
(11) In principle, your data will be erased as soon as it is no longer needed to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or if you request its erasure, provided that there are no statutory provisions which prevent this. In this case the processing will first be restricted.
(12) Unencrypted email correspondence is not secure and can be viewed by third parties. Our email correspondence is transport-encrypted but is generally not content-encrypted.
(13) You have the right to request access to, rectification of, restriction of processing of and erasure of your personal data that we have collected.
If we automatically process your data within the scope of the consent that you have given or in order to fulfill a contract, you have the right to receive a copy of the personal data that you provided us with in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or to request the transfer of this information to another data controller, as long as this is technically feasible.
Furthermore, you have the right to withdraw any consent that you have previously given us to collect and save your personal data at any time. This will also prevent us from collecting and processing your personal data in future.
Please direct any inquiries and requests related to this to the controller within the meaning of (2) of this data protection statement.
(14) In principle, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR or any other data protection regulations.
Your data will be processed to handle your entries or to respond to your query in terms of art. 6(1) sent. 1 point (b) of the GDPR. These data are not transferred to third parties.
(15) We have appointed a Data Protection Officer. You can get in touch with them using the following contact details:
Ms. Christine Keck
Frankenthaler Straße 137-141
Telephone: +49 (0) 621 59002-63
“Profiling” Any type of automated processing of personal data which consists of using this personal data to assess certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict aspects related to the work performance, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, trustworthiness, behavior, location or change of location of this natural person;