The protection and the security of personal data are very important to us and are given a priority in the design and operation our web. We comply with statutory provisions, particular those under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Data Protection Act (BDSG); the below provides more information in this regard. To allow for our requirements and further developments in privacy law, we may make adjustments about which you will be timely informed when visiting our website.
(1) Personal data are any data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Data processing shall be any use of data (such as collection, use, and storage).
(2) The data controller regarding the processing of personal data in relation to this website is:
J. Engelsmann AG
Frankenthaler Str. 137-141
67059 Ludwigshafen (Germany)
Managing director authorized to representation: Christian Kretzu, Christian Wernicke
Tel.: +49(0)621 59002-0
Fax: +49(0)621 59002-76
(3) During your visit, your browsers transfers your IP address, the website(s) from which you were referred, the date, time, and duration of access, and your surfing behavior on this website; your browser type and operating system will also be logged. These data will be logged and analyzed for statistical purposes and website function and stability improvement based on art. 6(1) sent 1 point (f) of the GDPR. As individual user, your identity remains anonymous in this context. These data will not be merged with other data and you may object to them being used.
For this purpose, please indicate your IP address and the exact time of access to our web pages. We will immediately erase the relevant entries from our log files.
Otherwise, data will be automatically erased after analysis.
Cookies represent information making navigation on our website easier and information on your surfing behavior on our website to optimize its layout. Most text files will be automatically deleted at the end of the browser session, but you can delete remaining cookies by accordingly changing your browser settings.
Depending on the settings, you can generally prevent cookies from being placed or have them shown to you and subject placing to your consent; however, rejecting cookies may interfere with website functionality.
Also, a cookie banner will inform you when accessing the web pages, giving you the possibility to consent to this. Any processing of personal data through cookies is based on the above reasons in terms of art. 6(1) sent. 1 point (f) of the GDPR.
(5) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”) based on art. 6(1) sent. 1 point (f) of the GDPR to optimize our web offer and adjust it to your needs. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, that is, text files that are stored on your computer which enable an analysis of how you use our website. The information about your use of this website (including your IP address) that is generated by the cookie is transferred to and stored on a US-based Google server. Google uses this information to analyze your use of the website, to compile reports about the website activity for its operator, and to provide further services which are connected to the use of this website and of Internet. This information may also be forwarded to third parties if legally required or if third parties process these data on behalf of Google. Google will never associate your IP address with any other Google data. You can prevent cookies from being installed on your device by changing the settings on your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that, if you do so, you may not have full access to all the functions of this website. In addition, you can prevent any data created by the cookie and relating to website usage on your part (including your IP address) from being transmitted to and being processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the link below: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
We would also like to point out that this website using Google Analytics with the code line extension of “_anonymizeIp()” so that only an abbreviated, anonymized IP address will be processed (the last 8 IP address bits will be deleted) making personal identification impossible.
Google is subject to “Privacy Shield”, the EU-US privacy agreement which guarantees compliance with European privacy law. For more information on “Privacy Shield”, please refer to https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
(6) We use the online advertising program Google AdWords by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”). In the context of this program, we also use Google conversion tracking. When you click on an advert placed by Google, a cookie is set for conversion tracking. Cookies are small text files which internet browsers save on the computer of the user. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and do not serve to personally identify the user. If you visit certain pages of this website as a user while the cookie is still valid, Google informs us that you have clicked on the advert and were forwarded to this page; you cannot be personally identified through this process.
Every Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. The cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of AdWords customers. The information obtained with the help of the conversion cookies serves to create conversion statistics for AdWords customers as in the scope of conversion tracking.
We are informed of the total number of users who clicked on our advert and have been forwarded to a page provided with a conversion tracking tag; we do not obtain any information with which users can be personally identified. If you do not wish to participate in such tracking, you can object to this use by deactivating the Google conversion tracking cookie via your internet browser, under user settings. This means that you will not be included in the conversion tracking statistics.
(7) You must register to receive our newsletter. For this purpose, it is necessary (prior to mailing list entry) to expressly confirm newsletter subscription in a separate email (free from advertising); no registration will be made without this confirmation.
You may unsubscribe at all times by clicking on the link that is included in each newsletter.
Data provided by you and collected for the purpose of newsletter delivery will be used in terms of art. 6(1) sent. 1 point (a) of the GDPR.
(8) Other personal will only be collected if you voluntarily provide them, particularly via the contacting form or by email to contact you, registration with the mailing list, or at the download portal. The nature of this data can be seen in the entry fields and/or depends on your decision in individual cases. For email queries, we will save the sender’s address.
Your data will be processed to handle your entries or to respond to your query in terms of art. 6(1) sent. 1 point (b) of the GDPR. These data are not transferred to third parties.
(9) We process your data exclusively in Germany and they will not be transferred to countries outside the EEA. These data are protected against unauthorized access through adequate technical and organizational measures and transmission of personal data is based on TLS encryption.
(10) Generally, your data will be erased once they are no longer required for achieving the purpose for which they were collected or once you request this, unless this is contrary to legal provision, in which processing will be restricted.
(11) Unencrypted email correspondence is insecure and may be read by third parties which is why we generally use encryption when transferring personal data by email.
If you reject this, unencrypted email correspondence requires an express agreement between us; please contact us in this case.
(12) You have a right of access, to rectification, restriction of processing (marking of stored personal data aimed at restricting their future processing), objection, and erasure regarding your personal data which we collected.
With regard to your right to object, we would also like to inform you that you have this right in relation to direct advertising (and to profiling¹ related to advertising) without any restrictions.
If we automatically process your data based on your consent or for contract fulfillment, you have a right to receive personal data that you provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable form or to request their transfer to another controller, where technically feasible.
Also, you may revoke your consent to personal data collection and storage at any time with effect for the future.
Please submit the relevant queries and requests to the data controller in terms of para. (2) of this Notice.
(13) Generally, you have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates GDPR provisions.
(14) We appointed a data protection officer whose contact data are:
¹“Profiling”: Any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict aspects concerning that natural person's performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location, or movements;